We look forward to meeting you at your first visit to our office. During this time, we will help you get acquainted with our office and learn about your orthodontic treatment. We understand that each patient’s orthodontic treatment is different, and we promise to give you the personal attention you deserve. Your first visit will consist of an initial examination and a discussion of your potential treatment options. This important visit will allow the orthodontist to determine if this is the right time to begin treatment. If treatment is indicated, we will take the appropriate radiographs (x-rays) and do a 3D scan of the teeth instead of impressions!
3D Radiographs/Cone Beam CT
We have a state-of-the-art 3D x-ray machine that can show the doctors more precisely what is happening in the mouth. If a patient has something unclear or abnormal, one of these x-rays can be taken to focus on the problem area. Cone Beams are a great way to see an enhanced image with significantly less radiation dosages than hospital CT (“CAT Scan”) machines.
During your first visit, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options
After we have evaluated your records, we will call to have a treatment consultation to explain all aspects of your orthodontic treatment in detail. We will provide a complete clinical diagnosis regarding the nature of the problem, a written summary of the findings, and a detailed plan that outlines your treatment, goals, and estimated fees. We encourage questions from both the patient and parents and we provide ample time to answer your questions. For this reason, and for legal obligations, we need a parent/guardian to attend this appointment.
We believe that good orthodontic care begins with open communication. We promise to speak candidly with you about our diagnosis, recommendations, any alternative treatments, and about treatment progress. Working together, we can achieve a true partnership, with one common goal- helping you achieve a beautiful, confident smile. We invite parents and family members to sit with the patient during treatment. This was everyone is understanding where we are in treatment and what is expected from then on.
What Does My Investment Include?
- Orthodontic records, which consist of x-rays, 3D scan of the teeth, and a personalized treatment plan to achieve your treatment goals. The cost of records is included in the overall treatment fee.
- Treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment includes all appliances, office visits, progress x-rays, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and can last throughout the entire treatment as long as the patient follows instructions. If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse, or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge an additional replacement fee.
- One set of final retainers is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What Is Not Included In The Orthodontic Plan?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.