Invisalign for Adults in Decatur
At Hudson Orthodontics we can make your dream of having a new smile come to life. Dr. Ryann and Dr. Hudson are certified Invisalign orthodontists, giving patients a “clearly” effective and comfortable way to move teeth! To learn more about Invisalign and if you are a candidate, contact our office today to schedule your Invisalign evaluation.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign uses a series of customized, clear aligners to straighten teeth. Thousands of orthodontists in the United States and Canada use clear aligners to accurately and effectively treat their patients. Clear aligners are:
- Basically invisible – Friends, family members, and co-workers may never even know you are wearing a pair of aligners unless of course, you tell them!
- Comfortable to wear – The aligners are made from a special plastic that has smooth, rounded edges so they won’t irritate your mouth and tissues.
- Customized just for you – Your clear aligners are customized to fit your mouth. Dr. Ryann and Dr. Hudson use advanced 3-D computer imaging technology to replicate an exact impression of your mouth and teeth, then they customize each aligner so that it fits your mouth, and over time moves your teeth into the proper position.
- Removable –Unlike traditional metal braces, you can remove your aligners to eat, drink, brush your teeth, floss, and for special occasions. There are rules to follow to keep your teeth healthy and the aligners clear. The office will spend lots of time so the patient knows how to take care of their treatment properly.
- Effective – You will begin to notice a significant difference even before your treatment is complete! Aligners are just a different way of moving teeth. The use of attachments and rubber bands will also help create the best result.
How Does Invisalign Work?
When you begin your clear aligner treatment you will receive several sets of custom fit aligners. Each aligner is worn for 23 hours/day for 1-2 weeks. After the designated time is done, you can switch aligners to the next one to continue the process. Since the patient is responsible for the aligner progress, this type of treatment is best for committed, not forgetful patients. Also, for this reason, not every adult is a candidate for this style of treatment.